Fun facts are always really interesting to read about, especially when they’re about something you’re interested in. I found some random food facts. Here are 10 of them that I thought were pretty bizarre:
1. Ortharexia Nervosa is an eating disorder where the sufferer is obsessed with eating healthy food.
2. The fear of cooking is known as Mageirocophobia.
3. Every time you lick a stamp, you consume 1/10 of a calorie.
4. Honeybee workers must visit 2 million flowers to make one pound of honey.
5. The fear of vegetables is called Lachanophobia.
6. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
7. In the United States, lettuce is the second most popular fresh vegetable.
8. The average person eats eight pounds of grapes each year.
9. There are more than 7,000 varieties of apples grown in the world.
10. Onion is Latin for ‘large pearl’.